Put a Dime in the Jukebox
First things first, I would like to give a virtual high-five to anyone who got the song reference in the title. I am back to reading Rock Chicks by Alison Stieven-Taylor and I am still in love with this book. When you read this book you feel very empowered. It doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy, it makes you feel like you are stronger than you think. A lot of these iconic women of rock 'n roll came from the same place as everybody else and carried their weight to the top. If that doesn't make you feel invincible, I have no idea what would.

I recently finished a chapter of the book which was about Stevie Nicks. Fleetwood Mac's best known band member is Stevie Nicks. Fleetwood Mac is very well known. You have most definitely heard of her. She is so original, and her voice is hauntingly beautiful. I was trying to think of someone she reminds me of, but that's the thing, she doesn't remind me of anybody but her. She is unlike any other, and she worked her way to the top. "Ninety per cent of the people who went to Fleetwood Mac concerts wanted to see Stevie." (pg 124) She has this magnetism that couldn't be bought. She is an idol of mine because she did her own thing, and didn't care what other people thought of her.

(Stevie Nicks on stage)
No comments:
Post a Comment