I really enjoy rock 'n roll. So does my dad. I think it is one of the only things we have in common. My dad periodically surprises me with a CD of a band he wants me to check out, which I always enjoy, but this time he got me a book. I absolutely love this book. No doubt in my mind. My dad bought me a book on the history of women who ruled the rock 'n roll world. I am currently reading 'Rock Chicks' by Alison Stieven-Taylor. This book is amazing because it is a mini biography for each woman mentioned in the book and how they influenced music. When writing about the artists she doesn't just stay to their impact in music, but also music's impact on the Artist. " The Janis Joplin camp is split on to two factions. She's a misunderstood genius who broke down rock barriers for women, Or a vulgar drug-addicted exhibitionist who's excesses were greater than her talents" It is a book about not only the way they lived, and for a few died, but also a way to explain how they were as human beings.
Sounds like something you would enjoy! Glad you enjoyed reading something about your favorite type of music
ReplyDelete