I am currently reading 'Beautiful' by Amy Reed. I finished this book last night, it was the second time I had read it. 'Beautiful' is a very good book in my opinion and that is what compelled me to read it again. It is in the genera of realistic fiction. This book is about a girl named Cassie. She was always invisible, even to her own parents. She is moved to a new area and she finally gets noticed by people there. The people who notice her, befriend her, and take her into their group. They are a little older than her and are not the best kids. They are mixed up in drinking and drugs and do not care about school or anything that would develop their futures in a good way. She is desperate for the new found attention, so she follows along. As she becomes more involved with her new friends she gets swept into the mix and is stuck with no one to help her, only she can help herself. This book is very eye opening because you realize that this isn't complete fiction. This type of story happens in real life. It is startling when you read the book because Cassie starts out as a normal girl but goes into a steep downward spiral as the story progresses. I like that when it comes down to the raw situation for her, that she has to be her own hero in order to survive. She can't rely on anyone but her, she has to trust herself.
No comments:
Post a Comment