At the moment I am reading the book 'If I Stay' by Gayle Forman. I have a promise with myself that if a book I have been hearing about but haven't read yet, gets turned into a movie that I have to read the book first. It is true when people say the book is better than the movie, so why cheat myself out of half of it? In the book I am at the part where Mia is describing how she and her friend Kim became friends. I see how it will affect me, when I finish the book, seeing her life story and then she just has a choice about whether it keeps going, or if it stops dead in it's tracks. I am only in the beginning of the book, but she has a lot of things going for her. I don't understand why she would want to give up everything she has worked so hard for. I can see how she doesn't want to have to move on from her parents, but I don't think she could make her decision based on only what she has thought about in the pages I have read. The cello is a huge part of her life so I decided to try reading this book while listening to the cello. I do understand when she says "There is something so human and expressive about it." I agree, the music from the cello sounds almost human, like it has emotions. I had almost felt like I was completely surrounded by someone telling me a story.
I really like the pictures in your blog. You did a good job describing your book. Do you recommend this book?
ReplyDelete